Monday 22 June 2015

Stormfiends - painted!

It is with an immense sense of achievement that I can finally showcase the "finished" Stormfiends. 
3 months after I started painting them, and 4 months since I started the project in February!
I use the quotations marks, as I need to take a step back for a week or so and return with fresh eyes, so I can 're examine them and find what I have missed. But for now I am happy with the finished product.
The models are huge with so much detail, painting 6 as a batch was a mammoth undertaking. I'd recommend, only doing 2 (3 at a push) at a time, to anyone else considering doing 6.
6 rattling cannon fiends!
Having all the weapon options magnetized, gives me a lot of replay ability with these guys I have played they in 3 battles so far and never used the same weapon load out yet.
Hideous brain rats backpacks




Here is the box of all the weapon option available (minus 2 rattling cannons). I need to think of a more preminant storage for them.
Look at the lovely detail work on thoses stitches and scars.
Well crap! I forgot those armour plates would cover it completely!

Some progress pictures I took through the process.
Pipes arfter layering
Green pipes, base coat
Armour complete

No comments:

Post a Comment