Friday 30 January 2015

Larp weapons - Link costume - sword and shield

Taken time out of my usual hobbies recently so I could make my step son a birthday present he would never forget. My partner suggested that we make him a Link costume for his birthday party, and asked me to make him a sword and shield to go with it. I think she meant for me to do some thing out of cardboard. Well I am not one to do things by half measures, I have had some experience making LARP weapons and shields before, so I went to whole hog, and look at that face, totally worth 2 weeks in the cellar every evening.

The cut shield blank.

The design based on the sheild from the game, cut out a glued on in relief.

Sword blank, cut from a single piece of foam. No core perfect for a young larper learning how to stage fight.

With added hilt and pommel relief

It the cellar for many coats of latex.

Bloody cold down here, but many coats of latex later I am able to start painting.

And painted.



And with the rest of the Link costume his mother made for him

Been a lot of fun to do. I will have to wait for the weather to improve, so I can take it into the garden and seal it with isoflex I didn't fancy doing the in the closed cellar with no ventilation.



No comments:

Post a Comment