Monday 4 May 2015

Skull Throne - Peter V Brett

Finally the wait is over for the eagerly awaited Skull throne. (Well I was looking forward to it at least.)

So let's start by saying I love the main charcaters from these book. And once again we get to jump behind the eyes of our favourites......for a couple of chapters....

Ok let me explain, steadily over the last few books in this series, we have gained more and more point of view characters, and I do love everyone that is added.

But I feel that every time we get a new character to follow the amount of over arcing story is reduced, so much time was spent looking at the autumn of 333, from different points of view that world plot was barely progressed.

What we did see was exciting and the hook in the finally chapter has me begging for the next book.

Mr Brett is a great writer, to make so many characters with individual personalities, and such detailed backstory and interaction between those characters, the man must either be a genius or keep extensive notes.

I particularly enjoyed the devolping relationship between Asome and Asasi, the details of Asasi early life and how she feels about her fake marriage to the push'ting.

One unexpected thing I loved is how the dialect of the books affects me, I find myself wanting to use the swear words, they are ripping awesome, but night i'll be corespawned if any but a few of my friends will know what I am on about.

Although I didn't review them I have also read Mr Brett's short story's, (The Messengers Legacy, and The Grand Bazaar) and I am glad I did, in this novel several references are made to the events of the novella, and one of them details the early life of one of the new characters, having read them I felt like I was part of an inside joke. A "I was there" moment as the characters talk about events of the novella.

A great set of books I would highly recommend them to anyone, and I thank Mark for recommending them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment