Tuesday 5 May 2015

Update - Stormfiends - Painting

I had planned on not doing any updates and just presented a final painted blog post, but lack of time, has impeded how much painting I have been able to do. And so I have decided to do an update blog, so i can show that I have been doing some painting when I can and so I can talk about what has been slowing my progress, also what I have planned for the future.

So lets go through some progressive pictures.

Raided the bits box, for some Skaven appropriate bits to add the the bases of the fiends, a rat , a shield, some broken pipe, banner top, to name a few.
All of the weapons magnetized and ready for paint.
Brown bases, and the flesh begins.
All the flesh base coat layer.

Then life got busy, well not really busy but a few TV series came out that I wanted to watch, between Dare Devil, Vickings season 4, Supernatural and game of thrones, I went from 3 or 4 nights painting a week to 1. And progress slowed.

So after I had taken a long break from painting. I got back into it and finished the flesh tones.
I decided to add some block colours, I needed to see some colour to get past a mental block. Whilst I worked out what colours I would paint the armour.


I decided that I wanted to keep them armour in theme with the rest of my army, so I painted it to match the stormvermin's armour, which is bronze, and to break it up a little I would mix in shiny brass, and bright coppers. At least that's the plan so far they look like this.


As I mentioned at the beginning of the post I was planning on doing this start to finish but I needed to vent, the lack of hobby time has been getting me down, I have had much desire to get the painting done but I am struggling to find the free time. 

I hope that now we have finished watching  some of the TV shows I might have an extra evening free, but we will see. 

Battle report to come. Next week is my birthday, and I have asked a few of my friends to come round with 1500 points each. Looking forward to my monthly battle.

3000 points Warriors of chaos and Skaven vs 3000 Orcs and Goblins.

No comments:

Post a Comment