Tuesday 17 November 2015

Saving Stone - Jonny Nexus - book review


A prequel to Jonnys award winning Game night, the novella Saving Stone see's us pre-acquainted (yes I made that word up) with the characters from the novel.

For me this was a trip down nostalgia lane, the characters I had meet before coming back to life in my imagination, wonderfully crafted by the authors witty sharp dialogues. A look at where the characters came from. And some of the adventures that shaped them. Don't be confused this is not an origin story, happening somewhere in the middle of their adventuring careers. But it does make me wonder how this group came together? what where they like at level 1? Did they ever work as a team?

I feel it would be lacking as a introduction to the Game night story, as it doesn't introduce the characters as well as the main novel does, but as a follow up it colours the characters for those who have read the first novel. It does show readers a glimpse at the character movations....well the characters prejudices against each other.

It has prompted me to re read Game night, as it reminded me of a story I enjoyed even though I rarely reread books this time I will make a exception.

I highly recommend everyone read Game night, so they can go on to this prequel!.

No comments:

Post a Comment