Monday 9 February 2015

Stormfiends - planning

I am planning a series of blogs to cover the planning , building and painting of my 6 Storm Fiends. What follows is the planning stage.


I was lucky enough to have the funds available when they where released to buy 2 boxes of stormfiends . But due to other commitments, (LARP weaponS and commissions) I have only just got around to looking at what I will do with my new plastic.

First let me start by saying they all look amazing, and each Fiend you can build has several customizations.
But there is where the problem lays. In game terms each Fiend has the choice of 1 of the 6 weapon options. But the box contains 1 of each choice. So i have to choose when I build them what I will use for the rest of their table top life, before I have even got them on the table a found out how they play. Oh no no.

Now if I was a WAAC player I would look apon the forums and see what everyone else thinks. And i have, but I am not prepared to base my decisions on some keyboard warriors assumptions. I want to test for myself.

So what do I do? Convert, magnetized or make 1 of each choice.

Convert - I have seen several early conversion for the internet hotness (Rattling cannons) but as I have yet to make a decision on what is best. So permanent conversions don't seem the way forward.

Make 1 of each - this sounds like a lot of fun. 6 individual models, all with a different load out, but what if later on I want to try 2 wind launchers, or I decide that the grinder is useless.

Magnetized - Which brings me to to this option. Now I think it will be possible to add magnets to the weapons so I can interchange them. And whilst I have the tools for the job, and I think I have the skills, it's still the first time I have attempted to do this, so I am naturally apprehensive.

So I will be going forward with the plan to magnetized the weapons, but i will have to see how the models are constructed before making a final choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment