Monday 1 December 2014

Commission upate - Retro Elves

A quick update the retro-elves(tm). Getting much closer to finished, I am not 100% happy with what I have done but still have time to go back and touch them up (that's what she said).

Still need to work out what colours I am doing the spear shafts gloves and boots, but waiting on a photo from Pete, who's models they are. (Hurry up Pete!)
So much to do, Golds need a lighter highlight. Flames, heart Gems and sheaths need working on. And those dam waves on the merwyrm shields.

Below I was testing various blues on one of the models to get an idea of what colours/shades would work.

All the blues!
Below are the stages of the bronze / gold. As with the last batch of bronze I did, I base coated it a Brown, follow by an even coat of bronze, highlighting and picking out details with a gold.
Deciding on which gold to use as the highlight.

Bronzing

Brown base coat


No comments:

Post a Comment